Lithuania, Vilnius ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org ▪ +37060243562 ▪ GitHub ▪ LinkedIn
Back-end Engineer — Auriga Baltics (July 2020 — present):
Worked on two different projects inside the company, medical equipment and Fintech:
(present) Digital banking as a service project (Jython, Java)
- Initiated and developed testing environment for running Python unittest module inside Java runtime.
- Lead and built two-ended integration between CSI and Lightico for digital PDF document signatures.
(previous) Hardware state simulation for kidney dialysis machines (CANape, CPython, ASAP2, Jenkins, C++)
- Improved our C++ code parser written in Python, for generating a2l tags in the source code.
- Designed and built a monitoring tool for relevant linked variable metrics and monitoring.
Back-end Developer — Risika A/S (Sep 2019 – July 2020, Copenhagen):
Worked in a fintech startup specializing in large quantities of business data. Helped out with streamlining some essential parts of data pipeline and deployment:
- Redesigned and implemented company’s search engine functionality and end-points (PyPy, Falcon, PostgreSQL).
- Automated parts of deployment & testing process (Docker, Drone CI).
- Refactored company's API code base to use JSON schema for payload validation.
Back-end Developer — Moment Credit (Apr 2017 – Sep 2019):
Made and deployed multiple applications using (Django/Django Rest frameworks, Unit Test, Oracle SQL). My notable contributions were:
- Designed and built and automated passport/ID scanner & text recognizer (Django, OpenCV). It saved hours of manual work in our company, since prior to this project all passport/ID entries were done manually. The challenging part was to learn Computer Vision and OpenCV4 fundamentals in less than 1 week.
- Built and designed a system for controlling/limiting access to sensitive web portals (Django, Open LDAP, x509, Fabric v1).
Odoo Framework ERP Developer — Digitouch (Oct 2016 – Apr 2017, Vilnius):
Wrote custom Enterprise Resource Planning ERP modules used for accounting. Most impactful project:
- Odoo framework module which processed large number of invoices and computed a summary that was later submitted to our local tax authority. This project proved to be lucrative because it saved more than 4 hours of accountant's labor.
Back-end Developer — IT Girnos (Apr 2016 – Oct 2016, Vilnius):
Wrote and designed multiple API endpoints (Flask). Had a few front-end related tasks (Angular JS). Utmost project:
- Web to Short Message Service SMS application (Flask). The most challenging part was to self-teach and implement SMS (SMPP 1.4) protocol, since SMS was sent directly through the mobile operator's infrastructure.
Hardware Tooling Suite Engineer — WiliBox(temp position) (Sep 2015 – Feb 2016, Vilnius):
- Wrote tooling in Python for Wi-Fi router board calibration (CPython, Tkinter).
- Python: The language of expertise. I have worked with CPython, PyPy and Jython.
- Bash: Second most used language in my daily work.
- Other: Git, Java, PHP, SQL, C++, CSS.
- Decluterfy for Spotify: Machine learning tool that is used for sorting large music playlists on Spotify platform.
- Bandcamp MusicBrainz Tool (Project): A basic tool for making MusicBrainz entries easier.
Other Technical Experience
- Docker: Proficient. Wrote multiple “production-ready” containers for: Open LDAP, Kerberos, LAMP stack and others
- Apache & NGINX: Proficient. Configured multiple web servers and reverse proxies for various projects, additionally used NGINX as a load balancer in round-robin fashion.
- Linux: Competent. I know how to manage services using systemd wrote multiple services and timers for it. Basic knowledge of Linux networking & iptables utility.
- Technical Documentation Creation: Wrote API documentation for Risika.com. I have my own blog
- Parametric 3D modeling(OpenScad)
- Static Site Generators: Lektor, Jekyll, Blogit.
2013-2017 : Bachelor's, In Modern Technology Physics | Vilnius University, Vilnius.
Other Skills & Hobbies
- Servers and home automation
- Electronics & Hardware
- Languages: English (CEFR C1), Lithuanian